Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of Iceberg Building Services Limited that all reasonably practicable steps will be taken to provide safe and healthy working conditions, and that the health, safety and welfare of employees, sub-contractors, suppliers and members of the general public be protected at all times.
The Organisation's Health & Safety Policy calls for continuous improvement in its Health & Safety management activities and business will be conducted according to the following principals:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follow a concept of continuous improvement and make best use of its management resources in all matters Health & Safety.
- Communicate its objectives and performance against these objectives throughout the organisation and to interested parties.
- Take due care to ensure that activities are safe for employees, associates and sub-contractors and others that come into contact with our work.
- Work closely with our customers and suppliers to establish the highest Health & Safety standards.
- Adopt a forward-looking view on future business decisions that may have Health & Safety consequences.
- Train our staff in the needs and responsibilities of Health & Safety management.
Management, supervisory staff and any other employee who authorise work to be carried out at any time, are responsible for ensuring that adequate health, safety and welfare facilities are made available and implemented.
The Health & Safety at Work Act, and all relevant regulations, are to be complied with at all times and all employees should contribute towards making work areas as safe as possible by continually appraising working practices and ensuring that the safest possible methods are adopted.
All employees, contractors and sub-contractors are expected to provide and maintain safe work places and workng environments, safe systems and methods of work, without risks to themselves or others, and to promote high standards of health, safety and welfare.
The Company's Safety Advisor will monitor the operation of the Policy.
Instruction and information on health,safety and welfare matters are contained in the Company's Health & Safety manual, which is available for inspection to those who work on the Company's premises and sites.
The Directors of Iceberg Building Services Limited have approved this Policy. The Director to who reference should be made in the event of any difficulty arising in the implementation of this Policy is Trevor Collins, who has been appointed to have responsibility for Health, Safety and Welfare. It is the duty of everyone to adhere strictly to the Policy at all times.